Handling and Storage
- Take extreme care so as to not scratch surfaces when unpacking delivered products.
- Make sure not to carry long, flat lengths of mouldings from the center which may cause the material to snap.
- Do not lean profiles vertically against a wall. This can lead to permanent disfigurement and cracks in the surface.
- Store profiles in an environment that is flat, dry, clean and above ground-level and away from severe sunlight, rainfall, snow and contaminants.
- Complex design profiles such as arches and quoins must be secured well to rigid panels until ready for installation.
- Avoid storing profiles under tarps in direct sunlight.
- If cutting profiles down in length, a masonry saw blade or dimanond tipped blade is highly recommended.
- Avoid contact with gels, solvents, grease and stains.
- Clean and dust free
- Keep dry for at least 24 hours before installation of profile.
- Similarly, temperature must be above 40ºF for at least 24 hours.
- Must be smooth and flat.
- Must not be subject to strong vibrations or wind forces while adhesive is setting.
A. Exterior Surfaces
- Unit Masonry
B. Interior Surfaces
- Dens-Glass Gold
- Exterior Grade Gypsum Sheathing
- Make sure no regulations are being violated for use of products and equipment
- The core of any moulding is EPS foam and is combustible. Care must be taken not to expose the mouldings to fire or any open flame.